Hope you’re looking forward to the How It Evolved Panel tomorrow and Thursday night. Can’t wait to see you all there. Hopefully you’ll be ready to have a vibrant and stimulating conversation! So, in order to prep you for that, we want you to consider the following questions:
- In what ways have interactions and information shared on the internet changed over time?
- What is your opinion on online dating? How has the internet changed our deepest and most innate human desire to find a mate?
- Do the benefits of online dating/social media outweigh the potential risks? What are those potential risks?
- How has the internet connected us for reasons other than social interaction?
- In what ways has our interconnectedness put us and our digital identities at risk?
In general, we hope to get into a discussion about how the internet has been used to connect people, how the ways in which it connects people have changed over time, and the effects of those connections. We will be focusing more specifically on online dating, cyber crime, and social media in the medical field.